|Posted by Rod Ferbrache on September 6, 2016 at 4:10 AM|
Having just watched the film “From Rags to Riches” it has challenged my gratitude.
All too often I take what I have for granted, and for this I am sorry. It has caused me to reflect on my life to date and to count my blessings.
1. I am grateful that I had parents who loved me, and brought me up to love the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. I am grateful to have met my wife so early in life she was still at school. That I have been her only love, and that when she married me for better or worse she meant it. The blessing of praying together everyday, reading God’s word everyday, and to share all our heartaches and joys. To spend what is truly our happiest days together in retirement.
3. I am grateful that I have been allowed to be a father. To see both my girls find partners that mean so much to them, and to see the happiness that they have found in each other, when so many couples struggle in their relationships.
4. I am grateful that I have been allowed to live long enough to see my four grandchildren enter this world, and to be such a wonderful intrinsic part of our lives.
5. I am grateful for having so many wonderful friends. People who were there for me in the dark times, who have laughed with me in the good times. Friends who delight in my passions, pray for my needs, and who I know will be there for me when the sun refuses to shine.
6. I am grateful that I have a hope that one day at the Lord’s appointed time I shall leave this world with the knowledge that one day there is going to be one almighty reunion that will go on forever.
Yes I am grateful, never grateful enough, but endeavouring in future to be so much more grateful.